How to Prepare Your Home in Time for Valentine’s Day
If you're opting to skip Valentine's Day crowds and enjoy an intimate dinner at home, you want your home to look perfect. The problem? Cleaning your home! Who has time to maintain the perfect home? All of your valiant weekend efforts can go to naught in a single night of family life. It's enough to make you want to hire a butler! Then again, maybe that's not a bad idea.
Cleaning your home probably isn't your favorite pastime, and it can be quite time consuming. Instead of rushing around and struggling to free up a few minutes to clean before Valentine's Day, why not hire a butler to handle the bulk of the dirty work? A butler can take care of the clutter while you're at work or relaxing, and when the 14th comes around, you won't have to worry about anything romantic self-indulgence.
Additional Tips for Cleaning Your Home
Even if you hire a butler, there may be certain aspects of cleaning your home you'd like to handle personally. With that in mind, here are a few additional tips that will make cleaning your home that much easier.
- Start with an effective clean sweep. Think of your favorite hotel rooms and reclaim that spacious and uncluttered feeling in your own home by doing a clean sweep. Move from surface to surface and eliminate anything that doesn't need to be there. Place any loose items in a bowl or basket. The simple act of decluttering will make your home look and feel better.
- Stay focused. Distractions that cause you to jump from task to task can be your worst enemy. Turn on your favorite music, turn off your phone and move from room to room. Don't leave a room until you're finished.
- Organize your cleaning equipment. Remember the shower tote of your college dorm days? Recreate that convenience with a cleaning equipment tote. This will keep you from running back and forth to different locations so you have everything you need in one place.
- Invest in microfiber cloths. High-quality microfiber cloths can be used consecutively from surface to surface to remove dust, grime and fingerprints. You can then wash, dry and re-use them over and over again. They cut down on paper waste, reduce the amount of chemicals required to get the job done and can be used on multiple surfaces.
- Clean a little more often. Don't let housecleaning consume the better part of your evenings or weekends. Instead, clean a little bit here and there to keep things manageable.
Remember, the trained and certified butlers at MyButler can lighten your load by performing a variety of tasks, including cleaning your home. Contact us today!
Image via Shutterstock.com