Declutter Your Home With These Creative Strategies
The idea of living in a clutter-free home is appealing to most people, but the reality is that most of us don't have the time to really do it. Or some start it but don't finish it. Others do it, and then the clutter comes back. Does this sound familiar? Finding time to declutter your home is low on the list of priority for the busiest of us, but it doesn't have to be.
Getting creative and tackling one small thing at a time is the way to maintaining a clutter-free home.
- Take 5 minutes a day. You've probably seen the 15-minute a day idea, but 15 minutes can feel pretty long if you're tackling a dreaded task. Instead, reduce it to five see if that makes the process more manageable for you.
- Do the 12-12-12 challenge. This one is especially fun for those with families because children really get into it and it can be turned into a family competition. Find 12 items that need to be returned to their proper place, 12 items to donate and 12 items to throw away. You can try this once a year, once a quarter or once a month. It's amazing how much decluttering happens when you tackle it this way.
- Remember that junk mail is junk. Don't even think about bringing junk mail into your house. Recycle it before it ever makes its way indoors.
- Rethink your closet. It's so painful to get rid of formerly favorite clothes, clothes we never wear but feel like we will "someday," and clothes we loved but don't fit into anymore. All those clothes add up to a lot of clutter. Try this technique: reverse all the hangers in your closet. When you wear something, put it back the right way. After six months, your "donate pile" will likely be exponentially bigger.
- Use a professional. If you know you'll never do any of the above, it's time to enlist the help of a professional. MyButler has classically trained butlers who will declutter your life and keep it that way. They also run errands, prepare meals, provide pet care and expertly perform a wealth of other tasks that are cluttering up your life.
To put the important task of cleaning your home in the hands of experts you can trust, contact MyButler and learn more about the services we offer.
Image via Shutterstock.com